Sr. Public Policy Associate
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Senior Public Policy Associate for Bird will help solve regulatory challenges related to entering and operating in multiple locations throughout the EMEA region by developing a foundation for Bird to work in partnership with city and community stakeholders.
- Facilitate the suitable national regulatory framework for Bird to operate in the market, working in partnership with their manager and the regional General Manager
- Introduce Bird to new markets; navigate local, state and national regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise; develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders
- The right person will excel at identifying and addressing local concerns; negotiate with elected officials, agency regulators and other stakeholders; and will otherwise advocate for Bird to achieve favourable operating conditions as needed
- Work with others on the Policy team and with other departments, including Operations, Legal and Communications, and with external consultants
- Ensure smooth launches in new cities and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Public Policy, DACH, CEE and EU Institutions
- BA in political science, public policy, or law required, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years experience working in government, lobbying, political communications
- Flexibility to travel as needed and to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable navigating bureaucracy, interacting with different stakeholders
- Strong negotiating skills
- Be a flexible, creative thinker, able to think outside the box and pursue new solutions
- Passion for politics at the intersection to urban mobility and technology
- Thorough attention to detail when analysing regulatory language and parameters
- Fluent English, German is a prerequisite
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.