Event Marketing Associate
Santa Monica, California
Communications – Marketing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As an Event Marketing Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring that any Bird event is a spot-on representation of the Bird brand and mission. If you are a highly organized, creative and passionate person with event/sponsorship experience, this is a great new home for you.
- Work alongside the Event Management staff to further communicate the overarching marketing goals of the brand
- Complete necessary documentation and communication after sponsorship negotiations have been completed
- Work with procurement/payroll to ensure timely payment for each of the marketing team’s alignments
- Ideate and execute Bird community events
- Partner closely with the Public Affairs + Government Partnerships teams to ensure that Bird's brand is represented accurately
- Manage the shipment/coordination of necessary event materials in a timely, cost-effective fashion
- Maintain and constantly update the Bird Event Marketing Calendar
- Serve as the first point of contact for Community Managers globally
- Place and manage catering orders
- Place and manage brand studio requests and other ad hoc requests for event and marketing purposes
- Support the University, GP, City Success, Charger and Marketing teams with event preparation
- Field event and sponsorship requests, as well as ideate + pitch ideas to the territory event manager for review
- Be available for on and off-site events as needed - travel may be required
- Support team and greater company with anything else that makes Bird more successful
- A passion for Bird, and drive to make an impact while continuing to learn from and mentor others
- Directly relevant event coordination experience, 2-4+ years
- A self-starter, able to run with projects with (at times) minimal direction
- Flexibility, adaptability and openness: ability to juggle multiple projects at once and un-phased by change whenever it happens (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly)
- Team-oriented mentality and willingness to help other team members across the organization
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.