Launch Analyst EMEA
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird’s Launch team is seeking a Launch Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our team. Launch is a cross-functional team that touches every aspect of the business -working across operations, product, community, partnerships, and government relations. As a Launch Analyst at Bird, you will help guide the launch team’s overall strategy as we expand into new markets and grow in existing markets. The right person for this role has experience analysing markets, drawing conclusions from research and data sets, and building scalable systems. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced environments and conceptualising strategies to overcome cross-functional challenges, then this is a great role for you.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Launch team in the development of constantly evolving strategies to scale Bird globally
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, financial modelling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Establish and standardise best practices for launching, monitoring, and optimising new markets
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and develop a strategy for both Bird leadership and all Launch team members to achieve our business goals
- Support our boots on the ground City Launchers with insights and recommendations to help them launch new markets more efficiently
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence /strategy or any other analytical based role
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong track record of excellence in execution
- Demonstrated ability to analyse a business opportunity or market and present a scalable solution
- A combination of experience analysing data sets, building financial models, and developing ops systems and processes
- An analytical mindset - the ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and build a plan of attack
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others
- SQL experience is a plus but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.