PR & Communications Lead (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
Communications – Communications
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a builder mindset and incredible media relations skills to join the passionate and creative team at Bird. This person will play an active role in many aspects of the integrated communications group. Based in Germany, the successful candidate will manage Bird’s public relations efforts across multiple projects and initiatives in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. They will work closely with multiple teams throughout the organization including operations, public affairs, marketing and government partnerships. This individual must be a smart and strategic communicator who has first class media relations and can create and manage campaigns, events, and launches; develop presentations; and thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
- The PR Lead will support communications to raise brand awareness throughout Germany, Austria and Switzerland and manage press opportunities, communicating new city launches and doing campaigns in our existing ones across our business platforms in DACH.
- They will work closely with Government Partnerships, Legal, Marketing and the General Manager to manage aspects of Bird’s Consumer, Tech, Business and Government Relations media strategy and communications activities.
- The candidate will play an important role in developing and advancing the organization’s communications and PR strategies while ensuring everything remains on track.
- The right candidate will own media opportunities from start to finish, including the pitching of press, booking of press tours and dinners, management of press calls, providing onsite event support, and identification and cultivation of leading media targets.
- Implement forward-thinking messaging and communications plans to achieve Bird’s goals for audiences including riders, media, political decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to Bird’s speaking and awards programming by identifying, recommending and securing speaking and award opportunities and events for Bird spokespeople.
- Manage content development and creation, including drafting media outreach materials, editorial briefs, talking points, op-eds, speeches, presentations - and will work with the General Manager / Launcher to prep for media opportunities.
- BA required
- Native German speaker and English fluency; other languages are a plus
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions in order to make cities more liveable
- 6+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, startup culture
- Accountability for actions and sees projects through to completion
- Solutions-oriented approach and with an understanding of how to best prioritize tasks or assignments
- High level of organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to use those skills across a number of mediums
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.