IT Systems Engineer
Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Information Technology
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Own small to medium sized projects from conception to delivery
- Collaborate with various cross-discipline teams on large or high-impact projects
- Drive and contribute to new or modified service delivery
- Provide regular and ongoing communication with stakeholders within and outside of IT for scoping and delivery
- Determine compatibility and capacity for integration with existing services (if applicable)
- Contribute to documentation efforts
- Identify and implement automations for new or existing processes
- Serve as final point of escalation for helpdesk tickets
- 4-7 years supporting a global enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Self starter who is able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced startup environment
- Familiarity with industry standard MDM technologies
- Experience working with at least one enterprise scale HRIS system (eg. Bamboo, Workday, etc.)
- Experience with deploying and managing Okta and integrations with various apps
- Experience with implementing and architecting group/role-based application assignment (ie. RBAC)
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS)
Technology we're working with
- Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android
- G Suite
- JAMF, AirWatch (Workspace ONE)
- Atlassian products (Confluence, JIRA, etc.)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.