Associate, Service Integration
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team of Associates.
- Manage the development and implementation of programs for the Service Integration team within constantly-evolving vehicle initiatives aimed at scaling Bird globally.
- Own and implement transparent and highly-visible service processes to ensure our fleet is properly repaired, monitored, and tracked while providing updates to executive stakeholders.
- Monitor vehicle performance across markets and relevant KPIs, identify root causes of issues, conduct deep-dive investigations and recommend and implement solutions across various teams.
- Understand complex vehicle engineering initiatives and transform them into operationally functional processes.
- Execute multiple projects with varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance while remaining a strong team player.
- Own the relationship between our network of service centers and in-house engineering teams.
- Willingness to work hard and support multiple teams globally. You will be one of the go-to individuals when the business requires solutions to fire-drills.
- Serve as the liaison between Vehicle Engineering and service center teams across the United States.
- Direct experience in managing technical projects
- 4-5+ years of relevant work experience or high-growth operations/startup experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Willingness to get hands-on with the vehicles and processes
- Ability to make friends and align multiple departments around a project
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross-functionally with various teams
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.