Director of Government Partnerships (North US)
New York City, New York
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Introduce Bird to new markets and navigating city and state regulatory structures
- Help solve regulatory challenges related to entering and operating in multiple markets, including by testifying at legislative hearings, negotiating with elected officials, agency regulators and other stakeholders
- Ensure smooth launches in new cities and that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Create novel solutions to help cities regulate an emerging industry
- Bachelor's degree
- 12+ years of experience in government, political or management consulting, lobbying, in-house government relations, political communications
- Strong passion for Bird and our mission
- Sales experience and/or JD preferred
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: city or state government, legislative affairs, urban mobility, politics/campaigns, advocacy
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to travel as needed and work flexible hours
- Self-starter, ability to own and drive priorities
- A results driven, flexible, creative thinker who is able to think outside the box and pursue new solutions
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.