Vehicle Security Engineer
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Ensure all vehicle development, manufacturing, and service use cases are designed in a secure fashion
- Lead joint venture definition and deployment of secure applications/systems
- Quickly drive closure to identified vulnerabilities within portfolio of vehicle hardware and embedded products
- Keep ahead of security trends, technologies, and best practices, and determine applicability to the organization
- Design and build cryptographic services that bridge vehicle and cloud/infrastructure systems
- Keep up-to-date with vehicle security innovation and the evolving threat landscape
- Participate in hardware and software systems design reviews
- Participate in system debugging, validation, and code optimization
- Audit embedded code to identify security vulnerabilities.
- Lead security initiatives and serve as a point of contact
- Conduct risk assessments to prioritize threats and compare mitigation strategies
- 4+ years of experience designing secure embedded systems
- Familiarity with security technologies, low-level vehicle subsystems, embedded development
- Experience in protecting intellectual property and data when communicated between vehicles and cloud services, creating and shaping the operating domains and trust mechanisms necessary for the vehicles safety policies to be realized
- Experience programming in multiple languages, with expert-level knowledge in some (C++, C, Python); understanding of secure software development and human factors
- Security expertise in one or more of: C, C++, x86, ARM, CAN, cryptography, exploit development
- Extensive experience working with CAN architecture
- Familiar with IoT Security
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.