Senior Global Benefits Specialist
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are searching for someone who is innovative, proactive, engaging, and detail-focused to support programs that will impact our team members globally. You will be the “face” of perks, benefits and wellness programs for new hires and employees and will use your stellar communication skills to educate employees on relevant programs.
What You'll Do:
- Act as main point of contact for all benefit and wellness related inquiries across EMEA
- Create and present benefits/wellness content
- Administer wellness programs in EMEA
- Manage external vendor relationships, including benefits brokers, insurance carriers, and service providers
- Develop and present employee communication related to benefits and wellness programs
- Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements
- Track and coordinate benefits local leaves of absences, workers compensation, and disability. Including reporting, processing claims, auditing premiums, and eligibility
- Monitor trends in employee benefit plans to remain competitive
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience benefit management/wellness experience
Nice To Have:
- Strong knowledge of benefit programs and prior experience with international benefit programs; preferably in multiple markets
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience creating and implementing wellness strategies and programs
- High level of comfort presenting complex topics in a digestible manner
- Resilience and high adaptability in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Extraordinarily organized and detail-oriented
- Fluent in French
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.