Sr. Public Policy Associate - Italy
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do:
- The Sr. Government Partnerships Associate, Italy for Bird will help solve national legislative and regulatory challenges to facilitate the suitable national framework for Bird to operate in Italy, working in partnership with their manager and the regional General Manager
- Introduce Bird to new markets; navigate city and national regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise; develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders
- The right person will excel at identifying and addressing local concerns; negotiate with elected officials, agency regulators and other stakeholders; and will otherwise advocate for Bird to achieve favourable operating conditions as needed
- Work with other Policy / Government Partnerships managers and with other departments, including Operations, Legal and Marketing and with external consultants
- Ensure smooth launches in new cities and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Engage with a wide range of public stakeholders including representatives of Law Enforcement, mobility and citizens associations to contribute to Bird’s positioning as a long term partner and a thought leader on mobility and urban issues
- This role will report to Public Policy & Government Partnership Manager and will be based in Italy
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.