Community Relations Manager, Midwest
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Ensure market health and growth by maintaining critical, local relationships and establishing on-going community programming
- Participate in community meetings, representing Bird in a formal capacity before neighborhood organizations, business groups, government staffers, boards. and commissions
- Build partnerships with local community benefit organizations, and transportation and environmental advocacy groups
- Plan and staff community events
- Act as a liaison for our Government Partnerships lead by keeping him/her informed of local dynamics
- Work with the Operations team to respond to community feedback
- Track local regulations and ensure Bird’s voice is heard during the legislative process
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Strong roots and relationships in Bird’s Midwest markets (Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit, Indianapolis)
- Experience managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Solution-oriented and unafraid of paving your own path
- Experience working closely with government officials, including those in law enforcement, is a strong plus
- Transportation background is a plus
- Travel required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.