Firmware Test Engineer
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Hands on testing
- Subsystem and component HIL creation for integration testing and validation
- Develop test routines for component/subsystem HIL and vehicle test bed
- Help identify bugs at both the software and hardware level
- Co-develop and contribute to ongoing refinement of functional requirements
- Develop tools and test setups to automate safety critical testing for rapid release schedules
- Evaluate firmware field issues and grow the test cases
- Strong knowledge of Python and Bash scripting
- Experience with Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools
- Experience with automated and semi-automated HIL testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in testing/validation
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally may be required
- Embedded controls testing experience
- Experience scripting/automating with data acquisition (DAQ) hardware
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe/CANalyzer or similar CAN-based tools
- Knowledge of automotive industry standards such as SAE, ISO, UL and GB/T
- Strong ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions to complex problems
- A creative curiosity, collaborative work ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driving personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self starting
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.