Accounts Payable Specialist EMEA
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Our EMEA Finance team is growing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organized, self-driven problem solver with great communication skills, and a great drive for structure. If you are one of those people who enjoys learning, who is not afraid to ask questions, and proposes improvements, bring out of the box ideas and want to develop your international financial skills in one of the fastest growing companies in the world, we challenge you to join our multicultural, unique team.
What You'll Do:
- As a Junior Accounts Payable you will be the owner of the international relationship with all our vendors.
- Your main tasks will be focused on recording all the invoices received from suppliers, prepare monthly reconciliations on open balances.
- Prepare payment runs from our ERP system, and add these in the bank for final approval.
- Monitor employee expenses, and prepare payment runs on a bi-weekly basis.
- Create a valuable relationship with the vendors, always challenge their payment terms, and work internally with the stakeholders for better negotiation.
- Prepare bank and cash reconciliations on a weekly basis.
- Be prepared to respond to auditors requests by preparing supporting documentation during a financial audit.
- You will be working closely with the Finance Manager and other functions in the Accounting and Finance team to ensure proper registers and compliance.
What You'll Need:
- 2+ years Accounts Payable or General Accounting Experience
- International basic VAT experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, or any other related field
- Advanced English; any other language is a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
What Will Be An Advantage To Have:
- Knowledge of Netsuite (or any other ERP system) is a plus
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other ticketing software is a plus
- Some Audit experience is nice to have.
- SQL knowledge (pulling data sets, dashboards and reporting) is a plus
- Great attention to detail with a twist of humour.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.