Logistics & Fulfillment Manager - EMEA
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- The Logistics & Fulfillment Manager is the strategic & tactical leader responsible for building the team & process behind global shipment and warehousing of finished goods on both sides of our supply chain in a hyper-growth environment
- This role will partner with heads of Production & Ops to deliver finished product to our local markets in real time
- Candidates are solving for the best method of delivering product to market, creating a system with which our business can seamlessly interact.
- Candidates should be proficient with both 3PL selection, management, and solutions as well as homegrown logistics solutions.
- You will build a process philosophy around speed and scale selecting the systems, methods & partners to optimize for metrics unique to Bird
- This role will include running regional RFQ processes to find the optimal partners for Bird
- This leader should feel comfortable growing a team (internal employees & external partners) at a linear pace to our business that drives quality of execution & service
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline
- Minimum 8+ years of logistics and/or freight forwarding work experience with 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs to build capacity and/or increase efficiency
- In-depth experience across import/export, air, ocean, truckload, LTL and parcel transport on a global basisIn-depth experience managing warehouses and value-add facilities, inventory control, densification, standardizing process, and implementing systems and tools.
- Experience with product import and export regulations including customs, duties and taxesLast mile carrier commercial agreement negotiation experience
- Excellent people skills, and an 'on the shop floor' attitude
- Extensive background leading teams of people managers and individual contributors
- Fluency in English is required, other languages a bonus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.