Associate, Government Partnerships
Santa Monica, California
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Manage how the company as a whole is perceived by government partners by working closely with relevant internal groups to support discussion and adaptation of favorable programs, policies and deliverables.
- Maintain a high level of internal and external service through creating and implementing processes.
- Design, develop and implement short and long-range plans designed to highlight Bird’s government strategy and market-specific initiatives.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize large amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Identify important value drivers and key risks associated with our government partners; anticipate upcoming changes in project stages or cross functional partnerships.
- Lead on implementing directives from executives quickly and with accuracy.
- Create and prepare memoranda, reports as well as other internal and external facing documents.
- 4+ years working within government, transportation, public interest groups, technology industry groups or corporations
- Excellent personal, project management, relationship-building and communications skills.
- High attention to detail
- Adaptability and dependability
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to hear and, most importantly, seek feedback
- Highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours as well as the ability to manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.