Inside Sales Representative
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Inside Sales Representative will work hand in hand with the leaders of the retail team and play a key role in the execution of total sales strategy. Working as a key member of the retail team, this role will provide lead generation through cold calling, email campaigns, B2B events participation, and manage inbound leads. The Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for issuing POs, following up on payments, providing customer support and act as a customer-facing representative of Bird.
- Inbound & outbound phone sales
- Open new accounts through cold calling and email
- Achieve and exceed sales metrics and revenue targets for your position
- Manage and update Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Ensure account profitability by maintaining margins
- Upsell current customers and existing dealers, distributors and B2B Partners
- Communicate with Outside Sales Managers and the Retail Team on all topics including allocations, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance and Shipping with any changes as it relates to Distributor’s orders
- Ensure all sales orders pertaining to the individual accounts have been released prior to the month-end closing
- Promote a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Passion for speaking to customers and closing deals
- 1-2 years of business experience
- 2 years of business inside sales experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Should be proficient in basic computer skills and knowledge of Google GSuite
- Must be customer-focused with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Requires good mathematical and analytical skills
- An individual that can work at a fast pace and under pressure is essential for this position
- Must be able to follow direction from other account managers and work closely with other departments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with various CRMs and DAMs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.