Product Manager, City Solutions
Santa Monica, California
Product – Product
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is hiring a product manager to own the various data products we provide to cities in order to help them understand and evaluate dockless mobility in their city. These products have a diverse customer base, from elected officials creating regulations, to IT professionals building analysis tools. As the product manager you will be responsible for ensuring these products are meeting the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with Comms, GP, and Operations teams to gather requirements and launch new offerings for city partners
- Work closely with data analysts to ensure stakeholders have the visibility they need into our data products and their impact
- Work with engineering to build and prioritize the stream of work that will deliver the most value to your customers
- Own Bird’s MDS pipeline and data, the core of our regulatory regime
- Work across the company to ensure operational processes are being captured appropriately for reporting and compliance
- Build products that help cities get the most out of MDS to reasonably evaluate their dockless programs
- Build products that give internal stakeholders the visibility they need to meet their compliance requirements
- Constantly measure and improve the quality of Birds city data
- Familiarity with systems that translate operational data into data used for compliance
- Ability to communicate complex technical systems and problems clearly to non-technical stakeholders
- Intense attention to detail required to build data products that are used to measure a complex business
- Driven to get to the bottom of complicated systems and make them simpler
- Interested in how regulations are made and enforced and can speak to policy makers
- Relish in bringing order to chaos, and working across large organizations to continuously raise the bar
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.