Real Estate - Leasing Administrator
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Workplace Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a Leasing Admin to join our team here in Santa Monica to take on all day to day lease administration duties on a national and global level. This will be a key role on the real estate team ensuring all data input and reporting is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Accurately process and code all rent and rent-related payments to lessors and third-party vendors
- Audit payments, monitor annual expense reconciliations, and prepare annual budgets
- Work closely with Accounting to ensure timely and accurate payment of rent and utilities expenses
- Maintain lease administration databases with current lease information including rents, critical dates, increase schedules, and lessor information
- Prepare monthly and annual management reports
- Monitor and manage lease critical dates for rent increases, lease expirations, and other deadlines
- Maintain lease files with current correspondence, documents, rental information, and certificates of insurance
- Work directly with lessors to maintain current and accurate payment information and reconcile accounts
- Draft lease related letters, commencement agreements, renewal letters, and related documents
- Support the Facilities and Office Teams for special projects on an “as needed” basis
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience as a lease administrator in a multi-portfolio commercial real estate environment
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of commercial leasing/property management from a back office perspective and ability to set up a lease administration system, including automation of leases and executive management reporting
- Experience performing lease abstracts, researching lease agreements, and a good understanding of standard commercial lease terms
- Must be comfortable communicating with lessors and third party vendors regarding payment terms
- High level competency using Google G-Suite Applications, and web-based lease administration applications required
- Experience using Lease Administration software such as CoStar Real Estate Manager or equivalent
- Experience using accounting systems such as Netsuite
- Outstanding customer relation and communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail and organization is necessary
- Self-starter with ability to function independently as a subject-matter expert with minimal supervision
- Experience at a fast paced startup working with multiple timelines
- College coursework in a relevant field/additional professional training/paralegal experience a plus
- Experience with international business and good understanding of geography helpful
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.