Senior Planner, Supply Chain Planning
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for data-driven, strategic thinkers to join the Supply Chain Planning team to tackle some of the highest impact and most challenging problems we face across our global operations. The Senior Planner is a position where “digging in” is necessary and will require regular walkthroughs on the production floor, 3rd party warehouse locations, and service centers to understand the scope of hardware planning challenges in production and servicing of Bird’s fleet of micro mobility devices. You will be the key leader bridging business priorities with production and servicing needs. You will analyze metrics, draw conclusions from data sets, build scalable systems, and deliver actionable insights to stakeholders across the organization.
- Assist the Supply Chain Planning team in the development of constantly evolving strategies to scale Bird globally
- Manage a Master Production Schedule for designated products and locations
- Work cross-functionally across full spectrum of business leaders, supply chain, production floor management, and logistics to ensure alignment of production needs globally
- Ensure executive and cross-functional visibility on production plan and subsequent performance
- Build a solid understanding of the full scale of business priorities and effectively translate them into production requirements and plans for execution, including managing trade-off decisions
- Execute several highly-visible processes and deliver updates to executive stakeholders
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Have the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with limited guidance
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university in quantitative/technical field (engineering, business management, economics preferred)
- 5+ years of professional experience in supply chain planning, manufacturing planning, inventory control, demand planning, or other supply chain function
- Knowledge and experience with ERP software systems
- Knowledge and experience with Google Suite tools (Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail across multiple functions/topics simultaneously
- Cross-functional problem solving experienceHighly adaptable and capable of supporting ever-changing demands of the business
- Experience performing ad-hoc analyses including “what-if” scenarios to optimize performance of the business
- Experience both in establishing processes and systems from scratch and optimizing existing ones
- Strong presentation building and delivery skills
- Experience working in supply chain planning in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.