Operations – Business Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for data-driven, strategic thinkers to join the Business Operations team to tackle some of the highest impact and most challenging problems we face in managing our fleet of vehicles across a constantly growing number of cities. You will collaborate with Data, Product, and Operations teams to iterate on our processes to ensure we are operating at maximum efficiency in order to provide the most reliable vehicles to our community of riders.
What You'll Do
- Lead programs for the Strategic Operations team in the development of constantly evolving strategies to scale Bird globally
- Own several highly visible processes and deliver updates to executive partners
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
What You'll Need
- Master's degree from a competitive university
- 5+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Strong communication, organisation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL experience a plus but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.