Santa Monica, California
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Accounting Team at Bird is responsible for producing monthly GAAP compliant, three statement financials. We partner cross functionally with the business to deliver financial and accounting insights and guidance. We project manage an annual audit, and are responsible for establishing a control environment.
We are looking for an analytical, data driven Accounting leader to join the team. This is a critical role that will assist in overseeing all accounting operations in a fast moving, ever-changing environment. The Accounting Manager will be involved in oversight of the Accounting team as well as a number of high impact accounting related projects.
- Manage the preparation / review of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials and management reporting packages
- Maintain general ledger structure, continuously optimizing accounting processes
- Supervise and lead a team of 4+ accountants
- Assess, research and document appropriate US GAAP treatment for various transactions within the business
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit
- Identify and drive process improvement or other projects
- 5+ years of financial accounting experience
- Experience in consolidations, including foreign entities
- Thorough understanding of GAAP including new pronouncements
- Advanced excel skills
- Big 4 public accounting experience and experience in house at a startup
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.