Senior Data Analyst, Finance
Santa Monica, California
Data – Data
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
A Senior Data Analyst will work across the organization to generate the data and analysis needed to make the best decisions as we grow and innovate. You’ll be responsible for pushing the business forward on all fronts, based on insights derived from your deep understanding of our data and operations. You’ll have exposure to our top executives with the opportunity to learn from their deep experience in transportation and technology as well as the opportunity to impact their decision making at a critical time as we scale the business.
- Build and own business intelligence dashboards and disseminate key reports to our Finance Team
- Own the design, development, validation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, experiments and related roadmaps, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Conduct hands-on modeling/analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights
- Collaborate with product, operations & marketing to deliver on key projects. This will include data provisioning, exploratory data analysis, data visualization and in some instances, statistical modeling
- Champion the analytics process – from business understanding, data understanding, data preparation, data modeling, evaluation, and deployment; lead by example and by training business stakeholders with varying technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Design and analyze A/B multivariate tests to drive KPI improvement
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; High growth technology (start-up), strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Masters degree
- Proficiency with SQL, and experience or familiarity with one additional scripting language
- Strong background in, or comfort with, statistical concepts
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap
- Steadfast focus on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort!
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect best from your peers to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Radiate positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Responsiveness: you deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks
- Constantly think of ways to improve our products and the business
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.