Fleet Service Technician
San Francisco, California
Operations – Fleet
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As Fleet Mechanic, you will assist us in keeping our vehicles on the road and to ensure the best rider experience. Each mechanic works closely with technology to maintain our vehicles in the field to ensure a safe, available ride is always nearby. This role is key to helping grow and maintain our fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Hunting maintenance issues all over the city and execute skills in repair and diagnosis to aid in upkeep of the fleet.
- Using an iPad running Scoot software to track and get more info on inspections and maintenance issues
- Perform extensive repairs on vehicles (this includes breaking down and refurbishing Scoot vehicles)
- Digging into bigger issues back in the shop, learning more about our advanced systems and electric powertrains from our Lead Mechanics and engineers
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously
- Interacting with riders on a daily basis
- Flexible availability 24/7 Must have reliable smartphone, comfort using technology and navigating
- Valid driver’s license and at least 21 years old
- Strong knowledge of San Francisco geography or the ability to learn
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle record check (clean driving record for the past 7 years) and drug screening
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Computer skills; MS Office proficiency and other applications as needed to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.