Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Logistics Associate will report to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for all day to day logistics operations for their designated locations. The person in this role is responsible for inbound and outbound shipments, and reverse logistics and will be focused on improving the process, execution, and management of these activities. The successful logistics associate will build and manage processes aimed at reducing the turnaround time, reflecting accurate supply levels at all times, and targeting efficient flow of products to maximize the availability of Bird scooters and parts to the B2B and B2C Market.
What You'll Do
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Managing/Dealing with the daily effects of industry congestion.
- Implementing transport strategies that align with Bird’s mission of reducing global carbon emissions
- Coordinate with and manage 3PLs, to schedule and execute shipments, solving for visibility, predictability, SPEED, and efficiency
- Facilitate communication between internal teams (procurement, planning, operations, and market teams) to ensure all stakeholders are actively aware of supply levels and shipments schedules.
- Creatively overcome hurdles and escalate as needed to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager.
What You'll Need
- University Degree and 3+ years of logistics management experience, preferably in Truck/Rail Logistics
- Experience with managing and executing through vendor/3PLs
- Knowledge of logistics systems, and understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
- ERP and WMS Experience, preferably Netsuite
- Medium to Advanced Excel skills, SQL Preferred
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.