Senior Logistics Associate
Finance – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Sr. Logistics Associate will report to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager and will be responsible for all day to day logistics operations for their designated locations. The person in this role is responsible for the Inbound/Outbound and Inventory reporting for all sites. The successful Sr. Logistics associate will build and manage processes aimed at reducing the turnaround time, reflecting accurate supply levels at all times, and targeting efficient flow of products to maximize the availability of Bird scooters and parts to the B2B and B2C Market.
- Work closely with the Logistics and Fulfilment Associates to ensure data and information between all 3PL Sites is accurate. One Voice.
- Act as a lead or mentor to other members of the team
- Consistently work on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
- Own/Update internal Dashboard to promote communication/visibility into 3PL SLA
- Demonstrate the ability to coordinate with 3PLs, to schedule and execute shipments, solving for visibility, predictability, SPEED, and efficiency.
- Facilitate communication between procurement, planning, operations, and market teams to ensure all stakeholders are actively aware of supply levels and shipments schedules
- Creatively overcome hurdles and escalate as needed to the Regional Supply Chain Manager
- University Degree, and 5+ years of logistics management experience
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Experience executing through vendor/3PLs
- Knowledge of logistics systems, and understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Warehousing, and distribution, including transportation management optimization, order management, and distribution network evaluation
- In-depth experience across all common facets of logistics operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication excellent people skills, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
- Medium to Advanced Excel skills, SQL Preferred
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.