Global Expansion Strategy Associate
Santa Monica, California
Business Development – Platform
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for data-driven, strategic thinkers to join the Global Expansion / Platform team to help us build out and scale a startup within a startup, setting the course and strategy for one of the most high impact projects across global operations. You will analyze metrics, draw conclusions from data sets, build scalable systems, and deliver actionable insights to stakeholders across the organization. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced environments and conceptualizing strategies, then this is a great role for you.
- Assist the Platform team in the development of constantly evolving strategies to scale our partners globally
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, financial modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new vertical within a constantly evolving industry
- Establish and standardize best practices for launching partners and monitoring and optimizing their performance
- Build presentations and perform analysis for enterprise clients
- Work cross-functionally and stay up to date on new learnings to bring to our platform partners
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of experience in Consulting/Investment Banking/Business Intelligence
- Experience working in an strategy or any other analytical based role
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Solid track record of excellence in execution
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a business opportunity or market and present a scalable solution to multiple stakeholders
- A combination of experience analyzing data sets, building financial models, and developing operation systems and processes
- An ability to think analytically, assess a market, pull insights from metrics, and build a plan of attack
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others
- SQL experience is a plus but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.