Santa Monica, California
Brand Studio – Creative
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for an experienced Copywriter to bring our voice to life across all customer touch points. The ideal candidate employs wit and brevity to write copy that converts, entertains, and inspires. Your words stand out in an inbox, stop a scroll, and get people to take action. You can adjust your writing based on project goals and needs, and are always pushing the envelope to grow the brand alongside the business. You are as excited to write a quick up-sell message as you are to concept an integrated campaign for our latest product launch.
- Partner with the Marketing and Growth teams to conceptualize and execute copy that elevates the Bird brand and delivers on business goals.
- Conceptualizing, editing, and writing—you’ll do it all.
- Keep performance, localization, and brand identity in mind as you audit and iterate on current messaging.
- Maintain professionalism and enthusiasm in your work so as to energize the creative and optimize the performance of every asset.
- Develop ideas and identify creative opportunities across every channel—social, blog, emails, landing pages, events, and print.
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience in a tech/startup environment (advertising experience a plus)
- Portfolio of clever/clear copywriting in the digital/email space required
- Fluency in the Bird voice and familiarity with our brand
- Visual thinker and expert communicator
- Presents ideas and recommendations with conviction (a true master in the art of persuasion)
- Ability to take ownership, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver on tight timelines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.