Global Benefits and Wellness Manager
Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As the Global Benefits and Wellness Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to develop and manage Bird’s benefits and wellness programs globally. This role is essential in supporting the wellbeing of our team members in and out of the office. We are searching for someone who is innovative, proactive, engaging, and detail focused to build programs that will impact our team members globally.
- Work with management team to understand, develop, and socialize employee benefits
- Manage external vendor relationships, including benefit carriers, domestic and international brokers, and service providers
- Evaluate effectiveness of benefit and wellness programs through engagement and cost analysis
- Ensure all benefit offerings align with our benefits philosophy; partner with benefits brokers to market benefits annually and provide insight and cost impact to management
- Champion & drive utilization of programs to achieve target desired outcomes
- Develop a global wellness program
- Develop employee communication related to benefits and wellness programs
- Ensure compliance with regulatory mandates and legislation (ERISA, HRC, HIPPA, COBRA, IRS, DOL and CMS)
- Track and coordinate benefits for FMLA, LOA, WC and STD leave
- Own the benefits experience
- 5-7 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience creating and modifying global benefits programs
- Exposure to managing international brokers/vendors
- Team player with a high sense of urgency to interact at all levels of the organization
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.