Fleet Team Shift Lead
San Francisco, California
Operations – Fleet
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Shift Lead, you will lead a team of drivers to deploy and repair Bird's fleet in your city. You will collaborate with operations teammates to ensure the Service Center operates efficiently and data is tracked accurately.
- Lead team of mechanics by leading a productive and positive workplace.
- Drive toward repair targets for the warehouse.
- Onboard and train new mechanics using Bird repair protocols.
- Maintain order within warehouse by identifying daily key tasks and allocating mechanics against tasks.
- Inventory management of parts and vehicles and data tracking in warehouse.
- Problem solve hardware and software issues with Bird vehicles in collaboration with operations teammates.
- Lead team in proper safety protocols to run an efficient workspace.
- Master mechanic - able to diagnose mechanical and software issues on the scooter (with limited amount of training)
- Ability to lead a team of 10+ people in a warehouse setting.
- Experience with leadership, inventory, logistics, and delivery.
- Comfortable with data/numbers and maintaining manual counts.
- Must have reliable smartphone, comfort using technology and our app.
- Process oriented. Demonstrates ability to improve and optimize processes and maximize productively/output.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, ability to keep a clean and efficient workspace.
- Ability to be very active, i.e. lifting up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.