Security Engineer - Application Security
Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Security
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Work directly with engineering teams throughout all development phases to help design and build secure software
- Conduct static and dynamic code analysis to hunt for security vulnerabilities in new features before they are launched
- Develop and improve tooling to automate and scale code scanning capabilities to identify security issues as early in development as possible
- Work with cross-discipline teams to remediate security issues
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years experience in relevant role
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented design methodology and large-scale application development (e.g. Kotlin, Ruby, Python, Go, Java, C++)
- Excellent understanding of critical application security risks and best practices for remediation
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent understanding of mobile app development and build automation systems
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with tools such as Burp Suite and OWASP ZAP
- Experience as software developer is a plus
Technology we're working with:
- AWS, Terraform
- IAMOssec, Nessus
- Kotlin, Swift, C++, C, Go
- Flink, Kafka, Redshift, RabbitMQ
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.