University Success Associate
Santa Monica, California
Global Revenue – University Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The University Success Associate on the University team will be focused on the on-boarding, continued management, and success of our small to mid-size University Partners. They will be working closely with their counterpart on the University Partnerships team, whose job it is to initiate a contract or agreement conversations with Universities, to ensure the ongoing success of these relationships. Once a contract is executed or an agreement is met, the University Success Associate is responsible to bring that deal to life working with cross functional stakeholders and University Partners.
- Act as a main point of contact with University administration
- Establish nests, zones, and any geospeed areas
- Implement any agreed upon modifications (such as no ride/dismount zones, custom messaging, preferred parking areas, etc.)
- Escalate any issues or feedback internally
- Actively monitor market health (utilization, ride behavior/etiquette, etc.)
- Create, implement, and manage impound process, internally & externally
- Maintain consistent relationship with General Managers for each University market to provide university updates and inform on university market health
- Engage with various campus organizations and departments to promote Bird and drive safety education efforts
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Experience managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Solution-oriented and unafraid of paving your own path
- Be an expert at navigating Bird and know our operations process from the inside out
- Previous experience in account management or sales a plus
- Have excellent written and verbal skills
- Be a hustler, with a creative ability to problem solve
- Manage their time to actively manage up to 15 university relationships
- Travel required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.