Transaction Counsel EMEA
Legal – Legal
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Our EMEA legal team is focused on helping Bird grow and scale while safeguarding its interests. We are looking to add a Transaction Counsel with at least 5 years of broad-based transaction and corporate experience to handle a variety of corporate governance and commercial responsibilities. The job differs every day - with our fast growth there's a variety of reasons for teams to contact you for advice, revising of documents and contracts or anything related to commercial law. There's a lot of room to create processes, templates and scale the commercial legal department.
What you'll do:
- Structure, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including agreements with vendors, suppliers, leases and other marketing/commercial partners as well as intercompany agreements
- Analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas
- Advise on matters relating to corporate governance, tax and related issues
- Build close relationships with personnel at supported business operations and obtain and maintain a strong knowledge of the product and objectives of those operations
- Create templates, process and train business partners on legal topics
What you'll need:
- An experienced lawyer with a strong transactional background, and superior drafting commercial contracts and negotiating skills
- At least 5 years at a recognized law firm focusing on general corporate matters is highly preferred
- In-house experience with a technology company a strong plus
- Business minded -ability to proactively analyze risks and provide business-minded advice and recommendations to thoughtfully drive Bird’s continued success and growth.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Passion to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Fluency in English; any other languages are a big plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.