Director of Global Business Operations
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Business Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As the Director of Global Business Operations, you will grow and manage a high-performing team that works across the entire global organization from Los Angeles to Amsterdam and beyond.
This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements. We need a strategic, critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced environments and conceptualizing strategies, then this is a great role for you.
What You'll Do
- Manage programs for the Business Operations team, developing strategies to scale Bird globally
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Manage teams to perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Work closely with our Regional Operations, Data, and Product teams to bring operational improvements and best practices from idea to execution
- Measure the impact and efficiency of current processes, and identify new ways to create value to the business
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Develop frameworks, drive data analysis and project manage important strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve problems as they arise
- Manage the Operations Product lifecycle from proposal to productization, prioritizing enhancements to further improve the efficacy of all of our operations teams
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Physical or Social Sciences, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience in high growth operations, strategy consulting, investment banking or business intelligence
- 5+ years of experience managing managers that drive business decisions through data
- Experience managing a global workforce and ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and comfortable dealing with ambiguity– constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- High-growth startup experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, and modern analytical techniques
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Continuous improvement: constantly looking for ways to improve our products, processes and the business
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.