Human Resources Manager
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a first point of contact to most employees in France, you will provide regional talent support, and manage our people operations. A successful candidate for this role will operate effectively in ambiguous environments, innovate and influence, and feel passion for our mission. We’re working on an inspiring, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited to tackle this as we are.
What You'll Do
- Partner with senior leaders and provide guidance in areas including attendance, policy management, performance, engagement etc.
- Represent the Talent team in EMEA and ensure best practices and policies are consistent
- Partner with Talent Operations to maintain critical HR data, evaluate and iterate on current data practices, and report out data as needed
- Act as the site leader on topics and requests that are site specific like policies, labor law changes impacting local HR processes, and compliance
- Navigate employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Consult managers on people matters that require in depth knowledge of policies, procedures and local legislation
- Own the process for Employee Relations management, including management of internal investigations and disciplinary & performance improvement, in coordination with the Employee Relations team and Legal Department
- Review, draft, and implement company policies and processes related to talent in collaboration with stakeholders on the Talent team and in the business
- Manage all stages of the employee life cycle from offer and onboarding to exit interviews and offboarding
- Partner with talent operations to ensure that people transactions are processed timely and processes are continuously reviewed, improved and streamlined
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of Talent programs to ensure success; proactively follow up to ensure objectives are met
- Oversee the internal transfer process from start to finish, coordinating with stakeholders and ensuring internal applicants have a smooth transition when pursuing new roles in the company
- Analyze problems and deliver solutions where precedent may not exist (and build roadmaps where they don’t yet exist)
- Flex seamlessly between Lead and Individual Contributor on multiple product and project teams, adding ‘off-title’ value in a thoughtful, prioritized way
- Handle benefit administration in France
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience – graduate degrees (MBA, MHRM) certainly don’t hurt
- 8+ years of HR generalist experience directly supporting hourly workforce
- A combination of HR experience (with specific areas of depth) in the following areas: recognition programs, culture, engagement, benefits, coaching and development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- Fluent in French
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and proactively learn, at their core, how businesses operate
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.