Senior Financial Accountant EMEA
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a champion to help us tackle our main goals when it comes to our fixed assets, fleet life cycle and cost accounting. If you are an enthusiastic, self-driven problem solver, have relevant experience and great communication skills, this is the perfect time to join our fast growing accounting team in EMEA.
What You'll Do:
- As our Senior accountant you will have a very important role. One of your main and key responsibilities will be ensuring that the vehicles cost is accurate.
- You will be driving the cost calculations, managing inventory cost costing & tracking, maintaining the landed cost and analyzing variances for EMEA region. Dealing with those areas will be crucial for you to have a thorough understanding of the cost of components that go into the vehicle, our manufacturing process and the status of the vehicles in our fleet.
- You will be the go-to person when it comes to fleet lifecycle, vehicle cost & fixed assets accounting as you will be in charge of keeping the accounting records, preparing calculations, necessary postings and reconciliations.
- When analyzing and reviewing, keeping track of all support documentation that will be required from a compliance perspective will also be a key area to cover.
- On a daily basis you will work closely with the accounting lead and FinTech to continuously improve the process, and collaborate with new system implementations for FA and Cost accounting modules.
- Other general accounting tasks
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting. (CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent it’s a plus)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting within global organizations.
- Understanding of supply chain and a strong Cost Accounting background.
- Experience managing a sizeable amount of fixed assets.
- Experience with Fixed Asset Modules or Cost Accounting SystemsExperience facing Audit and compliance requirements.
- Excellent people skills plus ability to communicate kindly and efficiently.
- Team player attitude, energy and self-driven “can-do” attitude.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience.
What Will Be An Advantage To Have:
- NetSuite & Oracle experience is a plus.
- Supply Chain or Industrial Background a plus!
- Working with Tableau will be highly valuable, as you have to manage big data sets.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus!.
- SQL knowledge (pulling data sets, dashboards and reporting).
- Great if not amazing sense of humor.
What You'll Get From Us:
- Vital role for our organization with great impact and visibility.
- Being part of a very diverse, smart and one of a kind team where new ideas are celebrated and encouraged.
- We really play as a team all the way.
- Great room for development within the team and across other teams.
- We all have an “always pass on what you have learned” attitude.
- Working for a company that’s revolutionizing the mobility market and making a massively positive impact in our cities and to the environment.
- Great and extremely informal atmosphere.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.