Technical Recruiting Manager
Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Recruiting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Manager, Technology Recruiting will oversee some of the fastest growing teams in the Bird family. This role requires a leader who will engage and develop team members at all levels of experience, utilizing their unique skills and diverse interests. You will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish metrics, and allocate resources to take the team to the next level. This individual will work closely with executives, develop relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates. This role will partner with department leaders and the Head of Recruiting to create efficient, high-quality recruiting machine to scale our business.
- Build & manage a growing team to hire top talent, in an efficient process for our engineering, data, product, and vehicle teams
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems, and training necessary to support the technical recruiting function
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance related to job creation, interviewing best practices, offer negotiations, and recruiting functions
- Build & own the recruitment capacity vs. demand model, partnering with the people team to understand the business and priorities
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top technical talent
- Partner with stakeholders to determine recruiting priorities and capacity.
- Collaborate to develop recruiting reports and dashboards to track and communicate metrics to the business, and recruitment
- Partner on the implementation of the managed service providers and streamline of the use of their temporary or contingent hiring services
- Lead targeted high-priority technical and executive searches, and provide back-up support to the recruiting team and hirings managers as needed
- Optimize recruiting tools and practices, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience and an exceptional talent acquisition process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of recruiting experience
- 5+ years of hands-on, technical recruiting experience
- 3+ years of experience in a high-growth environment
- Experience leading a robust team of full-cycle recruiters in a high-growth environment
- Direct, hands-on experience hiring for technical requisitions, including taking new requirements, creating job descriptions, reviewing profiles and updating pipeline progress
- Extensive experience working with engineering executives
- Deep understanding of how to run a high quality, full-cycle recruiting process; and the ability to lead a team in doing so
- An analytical mindset with the ability to pull insights from data and present plans for improvement to executive leadership
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, increase applicant pipelines, and present findings to the executive team
- Experience managing a high-volume requisition load with competing demands from various business groups
- Capable of managing immediate priorities while anticipating future needs
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and lead others through change
- Experience closing all types of candidates, including negotiating complex compensation packages
- Deep sourcing experience in hardware engineering or mechanical engineering roles, with a track record of contacting and engaging passive candidates
- Proven expertise scoping new roles to develop job descriptions, interview process & success rubrics for jobs that are new to our business
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Passionate about Birds product and able to speak to our technology and industry
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.