PR & Communications Lead France
Communications – Communications
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with a builder mindset and incredible media relations skills to join the fast growing team at Bird. This role plays an active role in many aspects of the communications group. Based in Paris, the successful candidate will manage Bird’s public relations efforts across multiple projects and initiatives in France. This person must be a smart communicator who has first class media relations and can create and manage campaigns, events, launches and presentations.
What You'll Do:
- The PR Manager will support communications around expansions into new French cities and manage press opportunities and campaigns in our existing ones.
- They will work closely with the Government Partnerships, Public Affairs, Marketing and the General Manager to manage aspects of Bird’s Consumer, Tech, Business and Government Relations media strategy and communications activities.
- The candidate will support the EMEA comms team in developing and advancing the organization’s communications and PR strategies while ensuring everything remains on track.
- The right candidate will own media opportunities from start to finish, including the pitching of press, booking of press tours and dinners, management of press calls, providing onsite event support, and identification and cultivation of leading media targets.
- Implement forward-thinking messaging and communications plans to achieve Bird’s goals for audiences including riders, media, political decision-makers and other stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Legal and Government Partnerships team with press strategies and outreach to complement the advancement of our policy goals.
- Contribute to Bird’s speaking and awards programming by identifying, recommending and securing speaking and award opportunities and events for Bird spokespeople.
- Manage content development and creation, including drafting media outreach materials, editorial briefs, talking points, op-eds, speeches, presentations - and will work with the General Manager to prep for media opportunities.
What You'll Need:
- BA required
- Native French and English speaker
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions in order to make cities more livable
- 6+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, startup culture
- Accountability for actions and sees projects through to completion
- Solutions-oriented approach and with an understanding of how to best prioritize tasks or assignments
- High level of organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to use those skills across a number of mediums
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.