Vendor Manager, Enterprise Systems
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for cloud-based subscription services, complex license agreements, and other commercial agreements to ensure compliance with Bird’s internal policies and processes
- Coordinate and support communications between Security and IT, Legal, Vehicle, and Finance Business Units
- Support internal processes that manage new and renewal services for software agreements and tracking expiration of existing contracts efficiently
- Analyze and interpret contractual issues to develop and implement improvements in Bird’s contracting and procurement policies processes, and legal practices
- Drive key metrics through data management, analysis, team coordination, and reporting
- Support Finance in accurate budgeting forecasting spend for future renewals through cross collaboration with teams using the services
- Strategic sourcing of new vendors and gathering of information for potential new vendors to help drive cost savings
- Support cost savings initiatives to reducing overall spend on software contracts for both existing and new vendors
- Prioritize workload on a daily basis to ensure deliverables are met in alignment with business priorities
- Bachelor’s degree with professional experience in a fast paced environment
- Have basic understanding of cloud-based software and licensing agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication and some level of negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Detail-oriented, organized with strong computer skills and the willingness to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to take initiative, be accountable and interface with Bird’s vendors and internal business partners
- Have a clear understanding of business issues and risk to solicit management’s involvement at appropriate points in the contract process
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Process and project management ability
- Netsuite Experience preferred
- Experience in Micro-Mobility, E-Bike, E-Scooter industries a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.