Retail Marketing Manager
Santa Monica, California
Communications – Marketing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Retail Marketing Manager at Bird, you will focus on developing high impact, strategic and creative integrated marketing programs that drive both sell-in and sell-through of Bird products to distributors and retailers globally. You will display a strong understanding of what drives customers to purchase unique and innovative products developed by an emerging brand. You posses start up agility, are a strategic thinker, ready to lead cross-functional teams across the organization to align resources and launch visionary consumer products that best support the needs of our customers.
In this position, you will bring a new, innovative part of our business to life: including research, creation, go-to-market strategy, and everything in between. As a Retail Marketing Manager, you will partner with Management, Internal Teams, and Retail Partners to develop captivating global brand strategies that align with budget while monitoring and analyzing the success of retail programs. You will drive strategic business planning and execution of all integrated retail marketing and promotional activities.
- Oversee integrated retail marketing including retail dotcoms and B2B marketing channels
- Research and evaluate industry themes / trends to create best-in-class marketing business plan and growth strategy.
- Drive conversion metrics across retailer touchpoints by creating a phenomenal user experience that is seamless at every step of the purchase cycle.
- In partnership with integrated communications team, develop, drive and execute promotional marketing programs as well as in-store POS, promotional literature, innovative displays, packaging and merchandising strategies
- Make recommendations on product assortment and displays for each unique retailer
- Liaise with external distributor marketing managers to ensure maximum exposure of the Bird brand, striving to conceptualize new and innovative strategies for promotion
- Develop and present data-driven post-event recaps highlighting the Return on Investment (ROI) for Senior Management
- Manage the seasonal/annual budget for retail marketing initiatives
- Manage CRM database, developing CRM & loyalty roadmap & lifecycle campaigns, segmentation, and content planning
- Serve as a true brand champion, maintaining brand integrity regardless of the challenge
- 7+ years of retail marketing experience within a consumer goods or consumer tech company
- An aligned mix of B2B and B2C integrated marketing experience
- Team player with energetic, entrepreneurial spirit who can motivate others around challenging goals
- Proven success leading and contributing to cross functional teams
- Direct experience working with distributors
- Ability to create, dissect and manage retail marketing budget
- Proficient working knowledge of all relevant tools/software including Google Analytics and e-commerce platforms
- Experience with geo-targeted digital marketing; including mobile marketing, social, and search
- Customer-focused with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace on competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Skilled in sales analysis, planning, and execution
- Multilingual a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexibility to travel as needed
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.