Cellular Platform Engineer
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Sim Card and Cellular Networks guru with 3+ years experience in managing relationships with cellular partners such as Verizon, ATT, Hologram, and more.
- Comprehensive understanding of present and future network sim technologies.
- Manage direction of supply chain’s aim in sim involved projects.
- Responsible for sim card selection in vehicles in consideration of all variables including geography, pricing, negotiation, uptime, and all challenges carrier related for vehicles.
- Understanding of MVNO's and how they work
- Experience with smart card or embedded systems technologies, notions in security and cryptography AND low-level chip programming / electronic engineering.
- Familiarity with architecture modeling, simulation and emulation platforms
- Solid embedded C/C++ and assembly programming skills, writing efficient and optimized code
- Experience with embedded RTOS module development, coming up with a barebones FW architecture, and providing services and APIs to develop and integrate FW modules on such framework
- Experience with CPU/DSP inter-processor infrastructure, bus interfaces, memory access protocols, HW drivers and abstraction layers.
- Thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while deftly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Extensive experience in software development
- Excellent programming skills in C
- Experience with embedded programming and low-level debugging
- Familiar with version control systems (like Git)
- Deep understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with bootloaders and recovery OS development is a plus
- Experience with RTOS or bare-metal embedded development is a plus
- Experience with Linux graphics technologies (X, wayland, mesa3d, dri/drm drivers) is a plus
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to delivering high-precision and high-quality FW code
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.