Retail Accounts Associate
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Retail Account Associate will work hand in hand with the leaders of the retail team and play a key role in the execution of total sales strategy. Working as a key member of the retail team, this role will provide tactical account management support, project management, scheduling sales training, issuing POs and daily retail operations support.
- Receive and process orders from our B2B and Retail Partners.
- Allocate and schedule orders to ship within 48-72 hours of receipt.
- Communicate with Distributors at all times in all locations.
- Communicate with Sales Managers and the Retail Team on all topics including allocations, Purchasing, Logistics, Finance and Shipping with any changes as it relates to Distributors orders.
- Inventory management including allocations, communicating internally with Purchasing, and Logistics, Finance and Shipping departments with any changes as it relates to all Distributors orders.
- Issue Credit Memos within 48 hours after receipt of notification from Distributor.
- Invoicing process to be completed by each Account Manager for their accounts; including distributing invoices, pick list, etc. to corresponding Account Manager to review, approve and ensure scanned copy reaches to each Distributor.
- Files to be organized maintained and kept up to date at all times; supply all requested documentation to internal auditors as needed.
- Prioritize all pending orders with shipping department on a daily basis.
- Responsible for generating monthly freight analysis reports for each shipment sent out within the fiscal month.
- Ensure all sales orders pertaining to the individual Account Manager have been released prior to month end closing.
- Monitor all open back orders/pre orders for each distributor and ensure all items are shipped out once inventory becomes available.
- Notify purchasing of any oversold or high demand on product.Promote a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Leadership skills
- 1-2 Years Sales/Office Administration experience preferred
- Should be proficient in basic computer skills and knowledge of Google GSuite.
- Must be customer focused with Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Requires good mathematical and analytical skills
- An individual that can work at a fast pace and under pressure is essential for this position
- Must be able to follow direction from other account managers and work closely with other departments
- Bachelor’s degree
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.