Regional Controller, LatAm
Mexico City, Mexico
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a talented accounting professional to lead our accounting operations in Latin America. If you are an enthusiastic, self-driven problem solver with relevant experience and great communication skills, this is the perfect time to join our fast-growing accounting team!
- As our Regional Controller, you will be responsible for actively managing all aspects of accounting, tax compliance, external financial audits and internal management reporting for the Region.
- Manage the monthly close cycle, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and local financial reporting requirements, in accordance with corporate close guidelines and time frames.
- Manage our 3rd party accounting and tax service providers.
- Review income statement and balance sheet reconciliations (including inter-company activity) to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial statements.
- Drive strategic initiatives for process improvement across Latin America including standardization of accounting processes across all countries.
- Perform a review of monthly and quarterly actual results (P&L and BS) to understand variances from expectations (forecast/budget), summarize the results and provide to Regional General Managers.
- Professional Accounting Qualification, CPA or local country equivalent is required.
- MBA is a plus.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience including progressive experience with multinational companies. Technology sector or “Big 4” public accounting experience preferred.
- Good understanding across the breadth of finance responsibilities including, accounting, revenue recognition, treasury, tax, business practices, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with international accounting, finance and tax regulations.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-location organization and adapt to different cultures.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management.
- Knowledge and experience of ERP systems.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
- NetSuite experience is a plus.
- Supply Chain & Tech Company background a plus!
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.