(Snr) Director of EMEA Finance
Finance – Finance
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be an instrumental leader as we build finance and accounting in a global, hyper growth environment. Reporting to the CFO, you will provide financial perspective and accountability to the EMEA Business Leader and other functions. We're looking for someone who is comfortable operating with extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the Finance leader for the entirety of Bird’s EMEA operations
- Focus on getting Bird’s EMEA business IPO ready
- Stand up best-in-class EMEA Accounting and Tax functions
- Build FinOps and Treasury functions that serve the growing needs of Bird EMEA
- Lead the development of metrics, operating cadence, and key FP&A activities
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making across product launches, city operations, and vehicle development
- Build sophisticated, in-depth financial models from scratch with a focus on ROI and lease terms & fixed asset valuations
- Think strategically and help with tactical execution using the models to aid in decision making, overall company strategy, and worldwide operations
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and to better understand our actuals
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Hire, build, and develop a team from the ground up so that we can continue to execute as we grow across the EMEA region
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of progressive work experience in finance and/or accounting
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- Experience scaling a team in either hardware or software startups (both is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in Accounting, Tax, and FinOps
- Comfort with financial modeling, forecasting, analysis, and financial reporting
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.