Santa Monica, California
Design & Creative – Creative
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a versatile UX writer to tell our story and create delightful user experiences across mobile and web. Joining the team, your role is incredibly cross-functional. One moment you’re sitting with Product Design to strategize a particular UX flow, the next you’re crafting an in-app up-sell to support the latest Growth initiative. You’re a writer’s writer, an editor, and a visual thinker who can switch gears with ease and advocate for your work. Whether you’re building a more comprehensive messaging strategy or obsessing over every word, you’re working towards consistency in voice across multiple touch points. And raising the bar every step of the way with words that have impact.
- Write clear, compelling, concise copy that embodies the Bird voice for product, email, and the Bird website.
- Develop product positioning, user narratives, and information architecture for UX flows (web/app).
- Work directly with localization experts, product designers, and engineers to create a powerful user experience.
- Prove how your content recommendations fit within and benefit product/growth goals.
- Partner with UX research to better understand the impact of our words and ensure we’re tailoring our messaging for the community.
- Help create and maintain brand voice guidelines for product.
- 4+ years of professional writing and editing experience (web/mobile, UI/UX, and content strategy)
- Fluency in the Bird voice and familiarity with our brand
- Visual thinker and expert communicator
- Presents ideas and recommendations with conviction (a true master in the art of persuasion)
- Ability to take ownership, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver on tight timelines
- Portfolio of writing samples
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.