University Partnership Manager
Santa Monica, California
Global Revenue – University Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The University Partnership Manager on the University team will be focused on prospecting, partnering and ultimately winning contracts with university partners. The Partnership Manager is responsible for initiating a contract or agreement conversations with Universities and working with stakeholders cross-functionally in the Bird HQ and in the field, to successfully structure contracts to benefit both Bird and our partner universities.
- Represent Bird to university contacts, strengthening the brand and ability to provide services to the university
- Build relationships with universities (SGA, University Contacts) in your target territory, and develop a prioritized plan for reaching them
- Represent Bird at events (tabling, safety trainings, conferences)
- Fulfill all university obligations required within UNI operating agreements or permits in conjunction with the Government Partnerships team
- Build a close relationship with local General Managers and local operations teams to maintain a strong understanding of operations challenges and opportunities for collaboration
- Effectively leverage cross functional teams across the organization, including front line employees in the field
- Make sound business decisions, with limited or incomplete data
- Anticipate issues, respond to changes with agility and based on experience
- Succinctly communicate with all stakeholders, including executives
- Strong leader - who takes development seriously and invests in others' success
- 6+ years of experience in a combination of business operations, launching new product / business, business turnarounds
- History of rapidly launching and scaling new products / businesses
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
- Is a simplifier of issues, problems, finds solutions
- Financial acumen -- you lead with data and facts
- Proven track record of driving business impact
- Proven record of leading and managing cross-functional teams with no formal reporting lines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.