Sourcing & Vendor Manager - Real estate
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are currently searching for a Sourcing Manager to lead our services procurement efforts across all EMEA markets. This person will work cross-functionally to understand services needs and centralize spend to negotiate best in class costs. They will manage the sourcing, procurement, and management of suppliers and vendors in support of the delivery of real estate, contingent labor, and various operational partners. They will coordinate purchasing activities across departments and will have responsibility for managing costs and relationships across vendors.
- Source, qualify and negotiate contracts with various EMEA-wide services suppliers (i.e. real estate agencies, contingent labor agencies, vehicle rental companies, third party operational partners, etc.)
- Ensure competitiveness for Bird against global market benchmarks (pricing and practices)
- Manage vendor relationships and associate contracts setting aggressive targets for cost reduction to improve margins
- Structurally investigate existing contracts and renegotiate with existing suppliers or find alternative suppliers
- Manage and negotiate payment terms to optimize cash flow
- Manage financial risk aspect of contracts
- Implement negotiation strategies and taking calculated risks to enhance Bird’s P&L
- Work cross-collaboratively across multiple teams to understand business needs across central and local operations, as well as the legal team on contract negotiation and execution
- 6+ years of experience within services sourcing and procurement
- Demonstrated quantitative cost savings in service commodities
- Previous experience negotiating real estate and/or labor contracts
- Demonstrated experience negotiating, implementing and enforcing supplier contracts
- Experience in writing scope of work ( SOW )
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teamsDemonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication (English language required, plus other European languages preferred), organization and stakeholder management skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.