Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
This role is based in Shanghai, you will report to the GM of China.
- Assist China and US engineering teams with translation of technical discussions to ensure mutual understanding and smooth collaboration between Bird Engineering and Suppliers
- Evaluate electronic circuitry and provide technical feedback for root cause investigations and supplier designs in progress.
- Translation of technical documents.
- Review supplier PCBA layout and physical PCBs and electronics and surface issues, design and quality.
- Evaluate design solutions as well as perform electronics functional tests.
- Work with other Electrical, Mechanical, and Validation Engineers in analysis, investigation and resolution of supplier related engineering problems.
- Support development of supplier specifications and standards.
- Support and lead supplier audits to Bird standards.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering field
- Be proficient in both English(spoken and technical) and Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese)
- 3 years related work experience
- Digital, analog, circuit design, testing, and validation experience
- Microprocessor, microcontroller testing experience
- System level design competency
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) & Design for test (DFT)
- Proficiency with Altium
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.