Global Service Operations Training and Content Manager
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Strategic Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Global Service Operations Training and Content Manager will be responsible for creating and distributing training content for a remote workforce of over 300 people who sit at the core of our operations.
This position requires the ability to create written training content, written standard operating procedures, and video training content that is accurate, accessible, and always updated. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who thrives in a fast paced, ever evolving environment and is passionate about Bird’s mission.
What You’ll Do:
- Create long form and short form video training content to be deployed enterprise wide on all aspects of Bird’s Operations and Product team’s new and existing product initiatives
- Lead full cycle training support on all training content for onsite Service Center leadership
- Establish and maintain an up to the minute communication cadence with internal and external stakeholders on new product and process rollout
- Manage all training platforms, including a training team that will be built out in the future as Bird continues to expand globally
- Create processes for monitoring adoption across all training platforms
- Track, drive, and report on process adoption across the enterprise
- Solicit and act on feedback from stakeholders, aimed at continuous improvement of outputs
- Project manage training releases within the current training release cycle
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 5+ years developing and deploying training content
- Minimum 2+ years managing small teams
- Previous experience in hardware, last mile, or micro-mobility environment
- Minimum 2 years of cross-functional project management.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience analyzing and manipulating data is a plus
- Experience editing videos is a plusTechnical (Mechanical/Electrical) experience is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.