Fixed Asset Accountant
Santa Monica, California
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Collaborate with operations and accounts payable, ensure purchase orders are properly designed
- Implement three-way match for receipt of assets
- Contribute significantly to the implementation of Enterprise Asset Management software
- Maintain / track all fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions
- Record and maintain depreciation schedules on both book and tax basis
- Prepare and/or manage submission of sales and use tax filings
- Prepare supporting schedules for income tax provision and returns
- Construct and maintain bill of materials and inventory item master
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in accounting
- Experience with sales and use tax process and filings
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookups, Index lookups, and pivot tables)
- Strong conceptual knowledge and practical application of cost accounting principles
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.