Vendor Manager - LATAM
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Vehicle Strategy team is looking to add a Vendor Manager for our LATAM territories.
- Coordinate and support communications between Vehicle, Strategic Operations, and Finance Business Units.
- Establish and build the foundation for Bird to operate its business within the LATAM region, leveraging LATAM FTA to mitigate local tariffs and operating expenses.
- Support Vehicle Strategy to manage hardware projects and drive key metrics through data management, analysis, team coordination, and reporting.
- Coordinate and drive business relationships with key external partners in Latin America.
- Establish working relationships with Project Managers / Supply Chain Managers to understand short and long term strategic direction, and to share best practices that support efficient business growth for the LATAM region.
- Assist NPI managers in the coordination of vendor audits and work with responsible business units on establishment and follow up of corrective action plans (CAPs).
- Support Vehicle Strategy and Vehicle Business for light translation between English, Spanish, and Portuegese.
- Support Vehicle Strategy in accurate budgeting with Finance for LATAM Product hardware projects.
- Strategic sourcing of new vendors and gathering of information for potential new vendors in LATAM.
- Support Vehicle Strategy in the management and expansion of AVL for LATAM vendors.
- Prioritize workload on a daily basis to ensure deliverables are met in alignment with business priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree with professional experience in a fast paced environment.
- Fluent (Speak/Read/Write) ability to communicate in English, Spanish, and Portuegese.
- 2-5 years of experience in LATAM relations and international business preferred.
- Working experience with mainframe systems as well as PC based applications such as Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Working knowledge of statistically valid sampling techniques that result in credible quality reporting.
- Working knowledge of establishing and implementing standards of performance in a self-directed team environment.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management and communications skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.